Thursday, April 19, 2012

POINT & CLICK WITH ANNA Z :: ANIMAL PORTRAITS

.

Hello Adalou Vintage readers! It's Anna Z again. Today, I would like to share a few animal portraits and a some photography tips. As I have said before, I own a Canon Digital Rebel XTI. I also own a wide angle macro lens screw on. I use this more often than not! This lens does double duty. It's great for use to capture landscapes and large settings since it allows you to get a wider view and also works well when you want to get up close to shoot detail.

I don't like to shoot animals straight on. This angle is usually not the most flattering and isn't as intriguing. Changing your stance and moving above and below the animal helps to get different views and also allows the pet to move around without you getting frustrated. You get the most natural expressions this way!

I always shoot manual setting, lens included. When you're shooting animals you need to be quick. Quick shutter, quick trigger. Animals move quickly and don't always obey command. You will need plenty of light. I suggest shooting outdoors or in a room with a lot of white light. For this photo, I chose to zoom a little on his nose and also placed the lens as close to Benny's face as I could. He did wiggle a lot but once he stopped, I snapped some more. I like to take 5-10 pictures from the same view and then decide later once it's on my larger computer screen, which one is best.

I have also included some of my other favorite animal photos that I have shot in the past. Let me know what you think! Also, if you have any questions, I would LOVE to answer.

Thank you Sandi for having me! See you for the next photo post. In the meantime, visit my blog if you would be so kind!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
POINT & CLICK WITH ANNA Z
This is a photo series in collaboration with Anna Z, here on the AdaLou Blog. This series is offers readers Anna's personal advice, photography pointers, tips and tricks, plus giving a preview of her recent daily photographic works. You may find more of Anna's Point & Click series here. Or visit her lovely photography blog over here :)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Thanks again Anna for guest posting here today. And look at that cute pup! I love these techniques for capturing pets what great pointers. I hope you'll continue to join us for this fun series and good luck capturing those cute critters of yours. Happy Thursday! 
signature
Point and Shoot
Point and Shoot
Point and Shoot
All images in this series are courtesy off Anna Z 

3 comments:

  1. I want to hold that frog SO bad. I just adore frogs! Nicely done Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful series!!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...